Monday 21 May 2012

My Foundation Routine

My foundation routine is something that has changed quite a lot recently. I was using Bobbi Brown's Skn Foundation SPF30, but it realy wasn't all that appropriate for my skin trype, and would end up sliding around an trasferring onto my handsor clothes in my T-zone area, which is prone to getting a bit oily. I'd wanted to try a MAC foudation but my skin is seriously pale, and none of their liquid foundations were light enough. When I was there recently, I decided to look into getting a powder foundationfrom them, as my Mineralize Skinfinish Natural  in Light is a good match, and I'd heard that their powder foundations come up lighter than the liquid versions. This led me to purchase their Studio Fix powder foundation in NC15, which is a pretty good match for me.

Anyway, into my normal routine. I usually start with a light coverage liquid foundation base, and this varies as to what I use. None of my liquid foundations are particular favourites, so Im in the proscess of trying to use some of them up, to make room for new things. I am yet to find my ultimate HG foundation (Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!). At the moment I'm using up my YSL Perfect Touch Radiant Brush foundation with the brush removed in shade 1, (£34, here) which I applied with my MAC 130 brush (£28, here)
Weird shadows in m room make my face look really asymetrical! Next I apply my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 1, Fair, ( £4.19, here) to my chin, under my eyes, the middle of my forehead, my nose, my nose-to-mouth-creases and to any breakouts I might have. This is absolutely my holy-grail concealer. The coverage is great, the shade range is small but the shade I have is perfect for me, and it lasts all day without smudging or migrating.

After I blend all of that in with my fingers, I apply my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC15 (£19.50, here) using my Royal and Langnickel Flat Top Kabuki (£6.38, here)

This foundation gives a really nice matte finish, though it does become a bit less matte thrugh the day, though it never makes my skin look overly oily or shiny, which is important to me. It's also quite high coverage but feels very light on the skin.

The last step in my foundation routine is to apply a small amount of Benefit Powderflage to my T-zone area using a small powder brush. I think powderflage has been discontinued now which is such a shame as I really like it, though it is still listed on the benefit website, just out of stock. You might be able to find it on cheap smells or similar. You can view it here.

What's your favourite fundation?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it's too bad I look so grumpy in the photos!! X

      Delete