Monday 17 September 2012

Going Barmy For Balmi?

I love lipbalm, but I dont apply it as often as I probably should. When I do, I generally go for my trusty Nivea Soothe and Protect, beause its cheap, convenient and I like the scent. I also think it works really well and moisturises my lips when they need it.

I took two Nivea Soothe and Protect away to Uganda with me, and came back with neither of them. Travelling around all the time meant that things got lost easily, (I also managed to loose my neon pink tangle teezer, boo) and the fact is when I was leaving I met lots of people who still had a while left to go, so I ended up leaving things like shampoo and shower gel behind for them, and it made more room for bringing stuff home!

Anyway, the upshot of this is that I needed a new lipbalm. I was perusing the aisles of boots, when I spotted Balmi. The little spherical balms reminded me instantly of the US cult favourite, EOS lip balms. I was intrigued, and seeing that they had SPF 15, I was sold.

They come in five flavours, strawberry, coconut, raspberry, blackcurrant and mint. I went for raspberry and I have to say the scent is lovely. It's quite strong, but it doesnt hang around for long enough to be annoying.

Then you open the container the balm inside is domed, so you can just mash the whole thing into your pout, and this makes it surprisingly easy to apply.

Some of you might not know this but I hate vaseline with a passion, because when you apply it it just melts down to too thin of a liquid, which I really dont enjoy the texture of, and I get this really wierd sensation of my lips almost like tingling but really unpleasant. I also really hate the petroleum-y taste that it has, and unfortunately, this is similar in taste and texture.

That being said, I know that a lot of people LOVE vaseline and will be jumping for joy at the fact that this is similar! I will still be using mine up, so it isn't as if my issue is a complete deal breaker either.
I also really love the idea of adding a keyring attachment to the bottom of the balm, it even has a removable clip so you don't have to hold your entire bunch of keys up to your mouth!

Great idea Balmi, but could you bring out a paraben and petrolatum free version? Pwetty please? I'd go Balmi for that!


 Balmi lip balm is available here and is priced at £4.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment