Tuesday 21 August 2012

Boots 17 Miracle Matte

Hey guys! I'm back from Uganda and back to blogging with a vengance. I had an amazing trip with lots of highs and a few lows, which all of you will know about if you've been reading my travel blog, and if you haven't then i ssume you're not interested so i won't go into it here!

One of the best things about having been living on The Equator for nearly 3 months is that I've actually got a bit of a tan! I don't normally tan AT ALL, so this is something of a miracle. It does mean, however, that I can finally wear some of the foundations that I have bought on the high street but that were all previously too dark for me. For example, 17 Miracle Matte in Porcelain.

I bought this quite a while ago now, before I got my beloved MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus, but although i bought the palest shade availible, it was too dark for my very fair skin. now though, my usual foundation is too light for my skin (a phenomenon I have never experienced before!) and this is a perfect match for me! I also have been enjoying a less 'made up' makeup look since I got back; almost 3 months without makeup has changed me! This gives low to medium coverage, though you could probably build it up for a fuller coverage, it might feel a bit heavy on the skin.

My skin with just Miracle Matte is evened out, and almost matte. I'm glad it doesnt give a completely matte finish, as I think it would look a bit odd, especially as it still allows my freckles (which have been made 1,988,394,948,237 times darker by being in the sun!) to show through.

The packaging for this is actually really nice. Its a nice hygenic pump, though I'm not sure what it'll be like towards the end of the bottle, an dhow much wastage there will be. The packaging is clear matte plastic, so you can get a really good idea of the true shade, and you can see how much you've got left. The pump and lid are hot pink.


The finished look using Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, Max factor Max Effect Mascara in Black, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade (inner corners), MAC Eyeshadow in Omega (brows), MAC Blush in Fleur Power, Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in 03, and ELF Studio HD powder.

Overall, I rate this. For the price (a mere £5.99, here) its shine control properties are good, it lasts as well as any other foundation does on my oily skin, it's oil free, which is always a plus for me, and it has SPF 15, which is also important to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment